Friday, August 7, 2009

Projects
















This summer has been full of projects. I'm getting ready for the upcoming school year and vacation means time to think and to create.










One of the projects is papier mache. The outside of my classroom, a portable looks so institutional it makes me want to run every time i approach it. I have run through a half dozen ideas to improve it, but most of them are either too expensive or they would get me in trouble with maintenance. So, I'm making little paper animals to hang outside during the first few weeks of school. Then I hope to instigate a mural project in partnership with our art teacher.










I'm including a couple of shots. At the moment my figures are all painted white with gesso. We are supposed to have a couple of rainy days next week, so that will be my big indoor paint day. Watch for the results. I'm having a ton of fun if nothing else.










What are you working on?

1 comment:

  1. My last papier mache project was at least 30 years ago. I had newspaper glued to my cupboards and counter tops and floor for days and days after the project. I vowed then, "Never again" and have stuck to that vow. I can't wait to see the finished products you are working on.

    ReplyDelete