Saturday, August 8, 2009

More Projects











Two more projects completed! Yahoo. The summer is moving along. It's nice to reach some of the goals set back in June. The little frog in the photo is one of four I bought ages ago. They have magnets in their bottoms and move around our house staying where they can and surprising us with their little smiles and goofy colors! They've been a ton of fun.
So, when I found these little crocodiles for 50cents I bought a few for my classroom. I have a favorite book, that is a version of Red Riding Hood which takes place in Louisiana. The woods are now the bayou and the basket of food is filled with Cajun delights. A lovely crocodile shows up in this version and I thought the magnets would complement the story. The other day I opened them up and added magnets. Now I can move them around the classroom and entertain the kids.
The second project is pillows to sit upon during silent reading. I bought themfor $1 each, but the neon colors screamed and weren't at all silent. so, these have been covered with bugs and butterflies and hearts in quieter, but still "perky" colors.

What do you think?

I also put the second coat of gesso on the papier mache. Company this week-end, but next week that project will finish as well. Fun!!!!

Talk soon. Meg

1 comment:

  1. I want to be a student in your classroom!!! (Or at least a teachers' aid!) You are going to have the best year ever and so are those kids.

    ReplyDelete