Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sydney's Quilt

Sydney's quilt is done. I'm adding phtos in a moment. I was really happy with it. It looks sunny to me, like a bowl of easter eggs. My friend Arlene quilted it for me and you can see how wonderful her work is. She picked up the swirls in the border and made swirls all over.

I tried machine stitching the border, but couldn't quite succeed. So I hand stitiched it. Something I love doing anyway.

Warren and I drove to Seattle yesterday. Sydney's at Children's Hospital. We visited with her and her dad for a while. She has such a long road to travel!!! Three months already. Multiple surgeries and multiple chemo treatments and she has much more.

Anyway, I gave her the quilt and she loved it. The best part of making quilts is thinking your way into anther person, imagining their likes and trying to match the design and colors to them. When you succeed it's great. This one hit the mark. She really liked it. We left her cuddled up in it and starting a nap.

Warren was great to go with me and you are great to share this here.

Me(g)

No comments:

Post a Comment