Monday, April 13, 2009

Quilting a little more for Sydney

After vacation I took a week off from the quilt and focused on school. Sunday I made up for lost time and finished the top. Some of the pics show the colors better than others. The last border is purple with fun swirls on it. I'm hoping to get a better shot once its quilted and bound.

This was gong to be my first quilt for me to quilt together, but I needed to finish this week while Sydney is able to receive a visitor. Next week she has surgery and I want her to be able to cuddle up with it then. So a friend is quilting it for me. Then I'll add the binding. Those fotos will be posted later this week.

I like the top. Its sunny colors and polka dots. Makes me think of easer eggs. The back is a fun flannel. Light lime green checks with little hearts that are almost polka dots. I'm excited to know that I will be able to give it to her soon.

It was great news when I learned the name of her surgeon. I worked with him when I worked for the tissue bank. I even watched him perform surgery too. She has one of the very best taking care of her at Children's.

Ok. time for pics. Talk more soon. Me(g)

No comments:

Post a Comment