Sunday, April 5, 2009

Quilting for Sydney

I'm a quilter. Not quite a beginner, but not too far along either. I love it. I don't really understand fabric, but I love the mixing of colors and designs. I enjoy the women I've met through the hobby and I love the sense of community and service that exists with quilters.

My sister got me started. Yes, she starts me on new paths quite often. Nice, hey?! Then she started the rest of the sisters in the family. Now we talk fabric stores and fat quarters. Machine quilting and how best to bind a quilt. Thread and projects and laughter and fun!

So, coming soon are pictures of my current project. One of my students has cancer and has basically moved into the hospital for 6-9 months. She and her family were accepted into the Ronald McDonald house. This is where community counts too.

Both of her parents are teachers and the school community, plus the larger town along with friends and family are finding ways to support the foursome as they face a challenging disease and its treatment far from home.

Me? I'm starting with a quilt; filling it with love and hope and hugs and greetings from all of her current teachers. She's a sixth grader with lots to live for and lots to get through in the coming months. I hope this quilt will help keep her warm and cozy all the while.

Share the proces with me. Me(g)










No comments:

Post a Comment