Saturday, August 14, 2010

Still in Love



Unlike any other trip I've ever taken, I was a bit homesick as this one began. I think that's good actually. It means I've put down roots and home is truly home. Good friends, a satisfying job and family not too far away.

That having been said, I forgot everything as I stood on the edge of the sea for a week in Boscastle. The raw power and beauty of the ocean flows through my body when I'm there and there is room for nothing else. Pure joy.

We did have some sun and when swimming up the road in Crackington Haven. The waves pounded us and we laughed out loud. Most were in wet suits and on surf or boogie boards. Warren and I just went in. We both love the sea and in we went. Big cresting waves to wash over us, high swells to dive into, splash and jump and swim and tumble. Sea and salt and sun. It was fabulous.

We ended our stay in Boscastle with two unbelievable nights with the locals.Our landlord told us about the snug up the hill where a group of locals meet to sing once a week. We went and were invited to join in . It was like an "evening fire" at Zanika, just in Cornwall. The next night was instruments and singers alike. We met some truly lovely people and I suspect we'll return again. There's more, but I'll save it for another entry.

We're in London now. Headed for the Thames and a play sometime tonight. More soon. In a few days we'll be home to enjoy each of you in person.

Love you. Meg

1 comment:

  1. Pleased you had a good time Meg.
    Your right sometimes there is no place like home. :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete