Saturday, August 7, 2010

In Love

Twenty-four years ago Warren and I went on a whirlwind tour of England and Scotland. I stood on the edge of a cliff looking down at pounding waves, listening to the roar and feeling the power of wind and water and promised myself I would somehow return. We came again in 2002 and now we have a full week. I am in heaven.

WE are in Boscastle on the Cornish Coast. The cliffs are dramatic in black slate, angled from earthquakes and worn from the wind. The waves are still crashing and they still take my breath away.

Nestled in the valley a bit behind is a dozy village. Whitewashed walls, everything bent and worn with age. Lovely. Scones and tea are the food of the gods. Now we just need a tad bit of sun and I'll jump into the harbor and swim to my hearts content.

We are having a grand time!! Wish you were all here to enjoy it with us.

LOVE Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment