Sunday, September 26, 2010

End of September



It's been just over three weeks since my last blog and so much has happened. It's amazing how much life can pack itself into a day!

School started and I've met my kiddos. What a great group. The room looked good when I stood with my boxes and bags and looked around. It looked happy once it was unpacked and welcome signs were hung. But it looks positively exciting filled with fourth graders. Each is eager to learn in his or her own way. Some plunge right in, others are more cautious, not wanting to repeat unsettling experiences from the past. So far, we've managed to cover a lot of territory and generate a ton of smiles as well.

Having walls and a door makes such a HUGE difference. When I read aloud I can add sound effects and change voices. When they laugh out loud it is OK. When we work in groups a comfortable buzz is actually comfortable. Last year it was an open space class and we had to constantly whisper and shush because of the other 5 classes in the same space!

Much more joy will be had this year! Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment