Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fog on the water

It's Sunday and as I look out the window I see a view very similar to this. Fog rolled onto itself and just touching the clouds as they roll past in a similar grey, just higher.

It has been weeks since I posted an update to my blog. I just read all of the Sept and Oct entries made by my sis. Wow what beautiful sights...quilts, kids, family, small towns and more. A lot has happened since school started.

September hit hard and there is only now a bit of breathing room. I have never had to work so hard so long to get a class up and running. OMG!!!!!!

There was packing and unpacking and packing and unpacking. An early open house and meeting parents the night before school started, then again a week later to discuss curriculum and classes. Then there were assessments and grouping kids and schedule changes and changes and changes. Add meetings, meetings meetings meetings and data collection data data data and packing again to paint the room and unpacking again and parent conferences and training sessions and meetings and data and meetings and broken printers and offline computers and book fairs and meetings and oH yes...teaching. And this week-end all day sessions to finally catch up on grading papers, because progress reports then report cards will be due soon.

BUSY. Not to mention thousands of other details and trying to live and exercise and oh, yes sick as a dog for three weeks too.

But today the sun has broken through. Yesterday I did catch up and had time for a walk on the beach. Today I have time for home. Laundry, shopping, cooking, cleaning, maybe even a little quilting. What an overwhelming time and how lovely it is to hope for a more humane pace to come.

Love you all. Me(g)

1 comment:

  1. I can just see your fog bank in my mind. I'm glad you are feeling like you'll be running at a humane pace now. It would be refreshing if it actually does become less chaotic. I love you.

    ReplyDelete