Saturday, July 4, 2009

May it always be summer
















This summer is already one of the best. Sunshine. Rest. Accomplishments. Company. Friends. Books. Good food. Coffee. Cats. Fresh fruit. Light breezes. Laughter. Music. Mmmmmm.

I'm posting a couple of pictures. Mom visiting. Warren and Vince working on a new deck lower on the property, closer to the water, but not too close. Flowers.

This summer really has been terrific. Each day has been packed full with a rich variety of things. Like a garden run amok. That's me. Laughing my way through the days and totally surprised by deep joy.

I decided that if I want a long-lasting break I need to create it. It turns out not to be that hard. Just enjoy each day fully. Take time to take in everything except worry and fear. That means driving to Coupeville on the back roads at 20-30mph instead of 50. Smelling the countryside and looking at it. It means stopping at the beach, removing shoes and jumping in . Running on the beach, looking at rocks, rubbing the salt and sand off with a sock. Laughs and smiles and joy.

I've been able to visit several friends. Traci York and I went to the nursery and bought flowers. Is there anything more wonderful? Warren and I split our irises so we can replant and share the bounty as well. We have a new deck and we can hear the water from there. I love to prune and weed when there is time, so I'm in hog heaven weeding and pruning the back garden.

Summer is great!!!! And the cherries will be ripe in another day or two. First strawberries and now cherries. We even have some tiny wild blackberries. As I said, summer is great.

1 comment:

  1. What a great photo of Mom. Isn't she the cutest dang thing?

    ReplyDelete